Call to Conference
Dear Key Clubbers and Advisors:
The 71st Annual New England and Bermuda District Key Club Educational Conference will convene in the Tower Square (Marriott) Hotel and the Sheraton Hotel in Springfield, MA on Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning, April 3, April 4, and April 5, 2020.
IMPORTANT UPDATES - NEW THIS YEAR:
Due to renovations at the Tower Square Hotel, we will hold all sessions in the Sheraton and an adjacent space called the Colony Club, which is accessible from the Tower Square Mall by stairs/elevators near the food court.
Because of the renovation inconvenience, the Tower Square Hotel is offering everyone who stays in their hotel a free breakfast buffet on Saturday morning. In addition, both hotels will offer free parking in their respective garages.
Because of this significant change, we are giving each Key Club the opportunity to request one hotel or the other when they register. We will fulfill those requests on a first-come-first-serve basis until we run out of rooms in one hotel. When you email in your registration form, please tell us where you'd prefer to stay:
- in the Tower Square/Marriott (with free breakfast on Saturday) or
- in the Sheraton (with easier access to all conference activities).
In addition, the District is pleased to announce some improvements to the District Educational Conference:
- More educational workshops covering Key Club topics, service, leadership, and personal growth topics, as well as additional offerings for adult advisors.
- Changes to our election procedures.
- Updated menus for the Saturday luncheon and Sunday brunch included in your registration with improved options for those with dietary restrictions.
- More dinner options for Friday and Saturday’s meals on your own, including a Key Club menu at the Sheraton's restauant and a $20 per person buffet dinner option in the Colony Club, which Key Clubs must reserve ahead.
Stay tuned to this webpage for additional updates on these changes!
In addition, we have adopted a new cancellation/substitution policy and implemented Kiwanis International’s criminal history background check policy pertaining to all adult chaperones. More information on these policies is included on the Registration page.
Key Club Representatives at this Conference:
Every Key Club in the New England and Bermuda District should have a minimum of TWO members present at this conference. You are invited to send as many of your Key Clubbers as possible. Enclosed in this envelope are registration information, contest rules, and contest entry forms. Please see that you register your members online for the conference BEFORE February 15, 2020.
All entry forms for Conference contests and awards must be submitted by the date indicated in the Contests Rules and Contest Entry information, which is enclosed. Some entries must be submitted by February 15, 2020 while others may be submitted by March 15, 2020 or in person at DECON. Review the directions carefully as entry submissions do have different mandatory entry dates.
All candidates for any District office must be in attendance at the District Conference. All candidates are requested to register their candidacy with me by March 1, 2020.
We sincerely hope to see you at our New England and Bermuda District Educational Conference. It promises to be a great affair.
Andrew Kirdahy, Governor
New England and Bermuda District
Key Club International