The New England & Bermuda District of Key Club International
What is Children’s Miracle Network?
Children Miracle Network’s mission is to increase funds and awareness for local children’s hospitals and by doing so they save many kids’ lives. Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals have raised over $5 billion since founded on August 11, 1983 by Marie Osmond and John Schneider. This money has gone to research and training, buying equipment, and paying for uncompensated care in 170 hospitals across the United States and Canada. Every minute, 62 children enter a CMN Hospital, and those hospitals will always be ready to save and improve the lives of all the children who enter in the next minute, hour, day, week, or year.
How can my club help?
There are 62 new patients admitted into a CMN Hospital every minute. All CMN Hospitals contributions directly benefit hospitals, helping to purchase up-to-date equipment, train staff, conduct life-saving research, implement outreach programs, and provide health care for children whose parents can’t afford to pay. Your school and local community can do a lot to help this great cause. One great idea that your club can do is a Fashion Show or Auction to benefit a local CMN hospital. Have patients at a local hospital model donated clothes and then auction the clothes off. Another great idea is to hold a movie night. Running a concession stand at the event can raise a lot of money. If you have already raised money, you can donate it on the website of any CMN hospital.
CMN Hospitals in New England
- Acadia Hospital (Bangor, ME)
- Aroostook Medical Center (Presque Isle, ME)
- Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital at Maine Medical Center (Portland, ME)
- Baystate Health (Springfield, MA)
- Blue Hill Memorial Hospital (Blue Hill, ME)
- Boston Children’s Hospital (Boston, MA)
- C.A. Dean Memorial Hospital (Greenville, ME)
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (Hartford, CT)
- Eastern Maine Medical Center (Bangor, ME)
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital (Providence, RI)
- Sebasticook Valley Hospital (Pittsfield, ME)
- Vermont Children’s Hospital at Fletcher Allen Health Care (Burlington, VT)