Local Publication Contest Guidelines
A. Each local Key Club is eligible to submit local Key Club publications in this contest. You should submit one copy of each issue. The judges will select three different issues of the local Key Club publication (at random) to be judged.
B. The Local Publication Contest is a New England District contest and there is no Key Club International Local Publication Contest.
C. Judging and awarding points will be based on the following criteria:
- General appearance: 10 Points
- Editorial excellence: 10 Points
- Ease of understanding: 10 Points
- Value to local Key Club: 10 Points
- Value to Key Club membership: 10 Points
- Frequency of issues: 10 Points
D.On the entry form, your Key Club Faculty or Kiwanis Advisor and Key Club President must sign a statement listing the names of the creators and the number of issues published and certifying that:
- Only Key Clubbers in good standing took an active part in all phases of work involved in the publication.
- Adults acted only in an advisory capacity.
E. The decision of the judges is final and no changes, alterations or regradings will take place after the results have been certified by the judges of this contest.
F.All entries must include the entry form. Entries may either by mailed by the submission deadline on the contest entry form or submitted in person at the Conference Office no later than 10:00 PM on Friday, April 5, 2019.
Local Publication Awards
Local Publication Awards are given out as follows to the Key Clubs with the highest scores: 1st Place (Plaque and Ribbon), 2nd Place (Ribbon), and 3rd Place (Ribbon).
District Educational Conference
April 5-7, 2019 - Springfield, MA
Local Publication Contest
New England and Bermuda District of Key Club International